Good management of wastewater is essential for the future of water quality. Sewage wastewater discharged directly in waterways reduces the quality of the aquatic environment and the citizen’s quality of life who are dependent on reliable sources of drinking water.
- As a citizen, inspection of septic tanks is an important responsibility.
- Municipalities and RCM should also lead by example with appropriate handling and treatment of sanitary sewage and storm waters.
- Ensure proper treatment of drinking water and wastewater;
- Verify the general state of sewers;
- Control run-off water and manage storm water;
- Follow the Water management plan of Watershed organizations;
- Plant a riparian strip;
- Request some minimal watershed planting and/or landscaping on each property.