Vaudreuil-Soulanges groundwater knowledge acquisition program was conducted to establish the hydrogeological map of Vaudreuil-Soulanges integrated management zone. This project was funded by the MDDELCC and carried out collaboratively by the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), École Polytechnique de Montréal, Vaudreuil-Soulanges RCM, COBAVER-VS and the Agence de géomatique Montérégienne (GéoMont).
The goals of the project were to:
- Understand the nature of aquifer formation;
- Know the origin and directions of groundwater flow;
- Describe groundwater quality;
- Quantify aquifer water balance;
- Estimate resource sustainability based on the rate of natural renewal and anthropogenic withdrawal;
- Determine groundwater vulnerability to anthropogenic activities.
The project has been carried out from April 2012 to March 2015. The final report and a synthesis report are available in French.
Synthesis report (PDF) : Projet d’acquisition de connaissances sur les eaux souterraines de la zone de Vaudreuil-Soulanges